Thursday, April 6, 2017

Post #10

If I were a teacher for a 9th grade Geography class, I would use data collection such as surveys as feedback from my students on lessons that are taught throughout the week. In the survey I would ask questions such as "How did the activities we worked on in class relate to the topic of the lesson?", "Which part of the lesson helped you best understand the lesson?" and "What changes should be implemented in the next lesson?". I could also use tools such as Excel to report students attendance, grades, and class averages on assignments and exams.

The topic that I found most interesting when reviewing my classmate's blogs were the ILP projects. I could tell that my classmates put a lot of time and thought into their projects. Between the ILP projects and PowerPoint assignments 5 and 6, I learned so many different ways to use PowerPoint. For example, in one of my classmates ILP projects she used PowerPoint slides as a time-lapse for a art project she was working on. Another example is enhancing the quality of PowerPoint Slides by using less words on slides and downloading PowerPoint templates from the internet. Lastly, using PowerPoint to make interactive games for students to quiz students on content material.

A technology-related skill I would like to learn next is how to start a Vlog on YouTube. There are so many YouTube channels of interesting Vlogs with cool graphics and background music, where average individuals become internet sensations by video recording their daily lives. Vloggers on YouTube have thousands of subscribers, and I think it would be cool to learn about the do's and don'ts of Vlogging, and understanding what makes a Vlog popular and interesting to others.
Link to a Popular YouTube Vlog

8 comments:

  1. I never really thought about the relationship between vlogging and an educational technology class, but I think that could be something really interesting. Youtube is a great place to create content and I do not know much about it myself so I would be interested to learn as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vlogging stood out to me in the post as well. Helps that he is a handsome young man.

      Delete
  2. I decided to start a vlog on you tube and so far editing my videos have been a little tricky, But I decided to use I movie, because I remembered you used it for your CARE ILP and i thought that might be good way to edit my videos. So far I've only made two videos, But vlogging on you tube, depending on the amount of subscribers you get, you can earn cash.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Share! We will give you positive ratings. Hey you all, right? Kiya - You can count on me.

      Delete
  3. I like the idea of maintaining surveys throughout the semester because you can moderate student interest and student success, rather than waiting to the end of semester and realizing that the teaching strategy was ineffective! Feedback is always a positive way to maintain student interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We call that formative feedback (if you ever wanted to look it up). I thought about doing a mid-semester survey but the beginning of our curriculum is so teacher-centric and the end is (hopefully) student-centric that I fear the mid-term results.

      Delete
  4. I think starting a vlog would be so cool. I actually have a friend who makes youtube videos and she vlogged for the first time last night and she loved it. I think it is a great and entertaining way to share events from your life, while also always having them available for yourself to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friends vlog for fun, but I have never seen anyone vlog for an educational purpose, so that would be a really unique way to help teach a lesson, or just to have fun with.

    ReplyDelete