Tuesday, January 10, 2017

#0


The prior experiences I have had with technology started when I was a little kid. I was raised by my grandmother who taught elementary school students for many years and later became a Principal. My grandmother made sure that I was well-rounded  as a student, and would often buy me educational computer disks that I would have to download onto the computer in order to play. As I got older I used technology in elementary school in the classroom and in the Media Center. As a Teen I learned a great deal about technology when I got my first iPhone. 

In this course I hope to master skills that I can apply to my grad school coursework, and to my professional  career in Higher Education. I also hope to learn about new technology, programs, and websites that can enhance presentations I may give. Lastly, I hope to gain knowledge and share new resources with others about the field trips our class will be experiencing this semester.

Today I learned that my learning style depends on the task I am working on, and that I do not stick to one specific learning style. For example, when I am being guided by an instructor who is using technology I am a visual learning, but when performing tasks and assignments on my own I would prefer reading step-by-step instructions.    



1 comment:

  1. We've come a long way since every was on CD. Before your time, we used to have floppy disks. What a mess! I'm excited that your hopes for this class appear to align with the course objectives. I hope you enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete